Saturday, September 12, 2009

SHe spoke and Had an Idea!

Patches is doing better in some ways and worse in others. Today is a day to mark your calenders. She has only spoken briefly a few times in therapy, today she spoke and quite a bit. Before the AT came in, I tried to get her in a good mood and giggle a bit. I told her not to worry, she wasn't in trouble (I do this every time we go, multiple times to help her anxiety). I told her today was all about me. I wanted to talk about how awesome I am. I told her to feel free to compliment me all I deserved. I gave her ideas of things to say and she lifted her head to shake it. She quietly told me she wanted to talk about how her and Michael are bickering more and more. I almost fell off the sofa. She had a topic, a plan, a concern about her relationship and quality of home life b/c of it. I can't tell you how happy I was. She is so proud of herself. She also admitted to accidentally hurting the baby last week and feeling like a turd about it.

Emotions are still running high here. I am trying to keep them as busy as possible to keep their minds of their fear of testifying.

We are watching Bolt tonight and eating huge batches of Chili Cheese Fries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Sending best wishes your way as always.
Nancy