Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Spoke to Her

I removed the post with the links to the pictures of our area. To see local devastation you can see 1300 photos that have been taken by folks and posted here. We are still stuck here. We have found a way to the store and purchased more water and drinks. Still no word on how long it will take to get water to our area. Our main interstate is still closed.

I called the SW yesterday after not hearing from her and left a message. She returned my call about 5:45 PM and discussed her inability to get her. We agreed I would call when she could. I asked if I could start faxing our paperwork over and she was surprised I was so eager to get this all done. She had been very surprised I had tried to hunt her down after not hearing from her on Monday. She did let me know she didn't feel we were a priority case. In other words, she feels this will be unfounded. I quickly faxed over letters from our old OT, Lisa, and our ATs. I had a hard time faxing over his psychological evaluation due to the number of pages, 24. It is already outdated even though it was done in April of this year. It barely mentions his hallucinations, paranoia, delusional thinking, and the true danger he is to us. Since everyone is so careful not to label him, it is my word that he has Schizo-Affective Disorder even though he meets all the criteria and has for 6 months.

When I can shower again, I plan on traveling to all the people on our street that the kids could possibly walk to when they are "running away" and give them copies of the amazing letters that so many wrote regarding our children, their needs, and our parenting that has helped them heal so much of their past hurts. I will also be sending copies of them and the letter form DFCS saying it was all unfounded to the school. I now have a lovely little file made just for this and future investigations. I have begun documenting our contact. I will be prepared for them. I will drown the poor SW with all the evidence I can that supports our family. We do not abuse our children, they (due to their mental illnesses) abuse us. We do not hold it against them but rather try to teach them other ways to let out their feelings. They have gotten so much better over the last 3 years. They have so far to go.

I almost forgot to mention that last night, poor Rosa, tried to return home to see her kids on her birthday. After several hours of driving back streets, she ended up in tears at the Best Western an hour South from us. We will be rescheduling her birthday.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm glad you were able to find her and get her all the information before she came out. I think that will make things so much easier. Good luck with the neighbors.