Friday, June 20, 2008

The wait is almost over

Maybe I share too much, I'm not sure but I have no one to go into details with as we continue this process to have the parents pay for what they have done. My DH wants to know but he is frustrated with all the details, he gets really mad it is taking so long and they are still out there.

I got another update from the Det., this time unsolicited. She have me a deadline for the end of her investigation part, she will then go back to the D.A. to get the warrant. I had been told this was already in hand but maybe she has to get a fresh one or something added, I don't know. They are still going to continue to try for old information but what the kids have said is enough to prosecute them. I have told no one but you, June 27th. I almost jumped for joy. This whole thing has my stomach in a knot every time it comes to mind. Some of the kids want to testify, they want them to pay, others don't understand. All will feel better when they are in jail.

I got another call from Aunt 2, I am beginning to like her, too. Funny thing is both married into the family and Aunt 1 claims that is why I like her, she's not blood related and crazy. LOL I believe there will eventually be Aunt 3, she has expressed interest in getting to know the kids and was horribly manipulated into the family. She met, fell in love, got pregnant, and got married to their Mother's brother. Only after she had her son did she discover her husband was a convicted child molester and was not supposed to be around kids. He was arrested on failure to register and she has been scared to death he will get out this Oct and want to see his son. She went Monday to DFCS to see what she has to do to keep him away from her and her child. I like that about her. I also like that she discovered their parents had another little girl at their house for days at a time and ran to Aunt 2 to ask what to do. They called last night and I gave them the Det.'s cell and they called immediately and reported it. The parent's moved to another county so she sent over a deputy from that county to check on things. We should hear how that went today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how strong you are able to be for these kids. You are the best advocate for them and I respect that. I hope the bio's pay for what has happened!!

Lindsay said...

What a dreadful, dreadful can of worms. I think the way you have built a potential support network up for yourself and the kids from their bio family is incredible. I think you are just an amazing mother.

Marthavmuffin said...

I admire you and your courage in doing what is right for your kids to feel safe. What a sorry sorry background for them to have to remember.

Maggie said...

Wow. The dynamic is some families can get so messed up. I look at the history of Slugger's birth family and I could just cry. It's a cyclical thing that keeps being recreated generation after generation.