Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Night Off

Last night my DH and I ran some errands and had my MIL watch the kids for us b/c Frankee was supposed to be picked up before the kids got home from school. She did not and ended up fussing with my MIL all evening. My MIL is deaf and wears a hearing aide to help but still misses most of what you say, she THINKS she gets it all and will even respond as though she is following you. It helps her deal with the kids, she misses most of the arguing and running around b/c she can't hear it. She does keep them close for safety but she just can't hear them. Frankee was shocked and upset that they got so loud and were running around the house, she told them so many times. MIL didn't think anything was wrong and got mad at Frankee. MIL fed the kids ice cream, huge bowls with cookies in it. We don't do that and Frankee was upset that she gave crazy acting kids a treat. MIL is easily snowed by the kids and Frankee hears their lies and reacts like they are lies. I will be talking to the kids about their screaming and running but the rest I think I will chalk up to Grandma Time. Yes, they manipulate her but she lets them. She is free and she likes to do it, I figure don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right? I came home to a clean house, laundry almost caught up, kids that were bathed and fed, and they were all alive. What more can I ask for? LOL

Frankee has rescheduled her departure for today. I think she is going to switch Shyanne's guardianship to her sister and that is fine by me. The sad thing is she will not see her and will never get her back. She is aware this is the case and knows I will do whatever it takes for he to have a relationship with her child but there is a chance she would get her back with me. She needs to destroy that chance. I am sad for both of them but it is her choice. I am grateful she will be leaving on good terms with us, she is laughing and smiling instead of ignoring me so that is a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for the good of your family...good bye Frankie...

it sounds like a night out was good for you...and no matter who or what your children do...they all deserve grandma time...the blessing of being spoiled even when you are at your worst...