Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Seizure Disorder?

Our pediatrician called this evening and asked how Kiera was doing. I was kinda surprised to hear form her directly and even more surprised at what she said. She was sent a letter concerning our recent visit to the hospital. She was told Kiera had a seizure disorder and needed to be monitored for additional seizures. A bit more dramatic than I had been told by the hospital, to say the least.

I am headed to Kiera's Great Granny's tomorrow to visit with her aunt, mom, and GG. How fun does that sound? Her GG called me back today and informed me she would be giving me money to drive the 2 hours to her house. This woman is surviving on her social security and has been robbed and abused by her family for so long that she thinks she has to pay for all their stuff. I politely declined the money.

I don't know if anyone noticed that I took the PayPal button off. I appreciate all you have donated and I have received the curriculum and am trying to find a moment to digest it. I will try to keep you all updated as I mover forward in teaching it. I am pretty excited.

No comments: