Thursday, January 22, 2009

I spoke with the doctor and someone else already this morning. The doctor is increasing her Abilify and Prozac and waiting. The other lady asked me a hundred questions and was possibly the nicest, most complimentary person I have dealt with regarding my children's mental health issues. She informed me that she has never in 25 years had a parent say so many nice things about their disturbed child. She said that most only focus on the behavior and refuse to consider what the triggers were or reasons behind them. She assured me they would push her to be accountable and hope they see some of the things we do. She took me very seriously. She agreed that a lot of times it is hard to tell what is going on in a home when they don't witness it themselves. She insisted that she felt all I was telling her was real and had happened. She asked me to bring her 2 changes of clothing. Did I mention it was 3 hours away and I can only do it after school? Oh, and I can't bring any of my children. Fun, Fun.

3 comments:

Eva Carper said...

At least you are being treated with respect and they seem to genuinely be concerned and ready to help her the best they can.

The whole thing would be heartbreaking though.

Alyssa said...

I will keep you both in my thoughts. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

wow sounds like you have alot on your plate right now,. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that they seem to be concerned, I hope they can help her.....themommie