Monday, January 12, 2009

At the Hospital

We took her to the ER and they transported her to Scottish Rite by ambulance. She has a clean CT Scan. She had an EEG this morning, we are waiting on the results but they did comment she is going from Stage 3 sleep to Stage 1 every time she jerks. Her blood sugar is normal and all of ehr first round of bloodwork was. They are doing an MRI this afternoon and will have to sedate her. They think she is having seizures but won't give me a straight answer until the EEg is back.

Please forgive the rambling, I haven't slept in over 24 hours and they aren't sure she will be released today so that means no sleep in sight. Rosa cried when she saw her b/c her crib looks like a prison and her hair looks like a mad woman. She has a splint on her arm where her IV is and she is connected to all kinds of wires. Kiera has had the best sleep since here since I have known her.

8 comments:

Gigi said...

My daughter just got done with a 24 hour EEG last weekend. It is not fun! I hope you find out what is going on and she gets better soon.

Lindsay said...

So sorry you're going thru this and don't have answers. Hope you get some good news (and sleep) soon.

r. said...

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear it turned out to be so serious. I'm glad you trusted your momma instinct and brought her in.

Kerry said...

Poor little Pumpkin. Poor Pumpkin's Mamma! Being in the hospital with a little one is no fun at all. What prompted them to admit her, when all the first rounds of tests were normal?

MyLinda said...

Prayers for you and the little one!

Torina said...

I hope everything turns out okay and they figure out what is going on with Kiera (sorry if I botched the spelling).

Kelly said...

So sorry to hear this. I hope you get some answers as well as treatment soon. Hang in there supermom. You truly amaze me. How are the other kids?

Ashley said...

Thinking of you.

A