Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Trip to the ER

Just before the kids went to bed my cell rings. I am one of those people that do not answer the phone if I don't know the number. It rang 3 different times and I thought to myself if it rings again, I'll get it. Never did. My DH's phone rings a minute later and I didn't think a thing about it. Cyr comes running up to tell me to get to the living room, a man is on the phone with Daddy and it is bad. Turns out my BIL, the Asst. Chief of Police in a town about an hour and half from here, was on the phone. My sister, Kiki, was rushed to the ER and they were doing a CAT Scan to look for and aneurysm. I was in the van before he finished telling me the story. He tried to convince me to stay put, please, before she was back in bed from the scan I was in the ER. She has run to me more times than I can count. I wouldn't think of waiting for the results to go.

The entire way there I kept thinking about a girl I knew that went to the ER about 8 months ago with a headache and tingling in her hands. They found a brain tumor and she died within 2 months. I love my sister with all my heart and would die a miserable person without her. She keeps me laughing, I really would be lost.

Turns out the girl has a pretty severe sinus infection! Poor girl, I had her dying. I also managed to ruin Brooklyn's life while I was there. I asked her to come spend the night with me and then realized I couldn't bring her home tomorrow b/c I won't have room in the van. She was devastated. She kept saying, "I want to go live with Tudu!" and crying. I was heartbroken and promised the world to her trying to help. It didn't. So not only is my poor sister in terrible pain from the throbbing infection, I gave her back a screaming kid. Next time I should probably just stay home.

1 comment:

zunzun said...

Glad to hear she is fine but I understand the fear...once took a teacher who was not feeling well to the ER and she did have a tumor and did die in about a week or so...so I get it, but glad that she is ok (screaming kid nonewithstanding!LOL)