Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Visit to the County Jail

I received a call this morning that Kiera's mother, her BF, and her sister were pulled over last night. They arrested her for possession of pot, narcotics, paraphernalia, and for warrants. Her BF was driving under the influence of alcohol. The little girl was taken to her mother's father, a convicted child abuser. She had on a skirt and no panties, this was 11PM. She is being held w/o bond on a probation hold.

I have no idea what will happen now. I am livid. I know Kiera's sister is perfectly happy living with her paternal Gma. She visits her father occasionally but her mother still has custody of her. Her father doesn't want custody either. I think we will use this time to discuss Kiera's future with her mother. We want to pursue adoption. Her mother is in no way capable raising her children in this condition. She has no plans to change. I would love for her to remain in her child's life but she needs permanency.

1 comment:

Crayon said...

So sad...

Completely unrelated, how is Ava's behavior? Months ago, I remember you having issues with her and you thought [or the psych thought] she might be psychotic? Just curious. I'm assuming she's not exhibiting those behaviors as much b/c I haven't heard about any poop smearing...