Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Special Olympics

I went to watch D play volleyball today for the Special Olympics. I had no idea what to expect and I thought it was great to see they did not use real volleyballs but instead used beach balls. They couldn't use real ones b/c half the kids there would have been knocked unconscious. I was trying to keep a straight face the entire time, they tried so hard and it was the most entertaining sport I have ever seen. I took a ton of pictures hoping to get a good one of her trying. I was a little sad to see no other parent showed up. We were treated with lots of hugs from her new classmates b/c they were so excited to have a cheerleading section made up of D's family for their team much. They won 3 of their games before I left so I can;t wait to hear what the final score was.

No comments: