Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Pre Op and the Appeal

I have spent the day, I mean this took all day, at the doctor and hospital for B's Pre Op stuff. She is 10 yrs old and is having her tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes put in her ears. I was surprised they decided on the tubes b/c I thought it was for young children. She has had fluid in her ears since we met and gets swimmers ear multiple times a season. I have to call Thursday night to see what time her surgery is scheduled for on Friday. She has no idea how bad this will be. LOL She was upset about all the blood work today but she did well. The ENT claims she will be out of school for 10 days, that was a huge surprise, I figured 4 or 5 days. She is an extremely lazy child and will thoroughly enjoy this down time.

When I got home, just as the kids got of the bus, their birth aunt called my cell. Her and I exchange emails fairly regularly and she had some big news she was asked to share with me and felt it warranted a call instead. The kids' parents sat their family down yesterday to tell them they called their attorney and asked to drop the appeal. They were supposed to go today and sign some paperwork to make it real. I was shocked b/c around the holiday it had come up and the father freaked out and refused to discuss it with the mother any further. This time he is willing to do it and was the one to make the call. Their family has been encouraging them to do this all along b/c after 5 yrs in care the kids really need to find stability and they had little hope to have it overturned, per their own attorney. I am thrilled and scared to death at the same time. They will be ours and OMG they will be ours to deal with alone. I hope I survive them. There is no way I would or could back out now but the door of opportunity is closing and that is scary. I hope we are able to have them assessed and work out the financial part.

No comments: