Friday, October 12, 2007

The *#it has hit the fan

We discovered some devastating things have been going on here. At this point we, are not sure what will happen with our oldest but the police and DFCS will need to have a full investigation probably this afternoon. Our new AT specializes in this and I am hopeful she can help the other children involved work through this. I am not sure if it is in the family's best interest for her to continue living here at this time. We reassured her no matter what she is a part of this family and we love her. My DH and I are still in shock. She showed no remorse, only embarrassment. I tried to help her understand this is not who she is, it is something she has done. I hope that sinks in. She has promised not to hurt herself or run away but I am not convinced she won't. This is going to change her life and ours forever but we have every intention of adopting her regardless of the outcome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless and I will be praying for you and your children. You and your husband are wonderful, loving people and I know that you will do what is right for your children no matter how hard it is. Please know that there are so many people who read your story and are praying for you, your husband and each of your children.

Anonymous said...

Tudu ... just praying for you, and all the children. If you need a listening ear, even from far away, give me a call anytime.

Jen(sboys)

Kerry said...

I'm so sorry. What a nightmare. Hang tough, and like Jen said if you need to talk or write I'm available to listen.

Kerry

Unknown said...

God bless you! I'm here too...if you need to talk.

She knows you love her and that love will see you guys through this....sending more hugs and love.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your children as well.

ndn