Friday, July 02, 2010

Michael Was Run Over By A Car Today

As if we didn't have enough going on my DH decided to add some excitement to our lives. He called me at noon today to chat while he finished his lunch. I was going on about something and heard some guy yell "Watch out!" in the background. At first, I assumed he was goofing off with someone and I was irritated he wasn't paying attention. I said hello a few times when it went silent on his end. I immediately heard a lot of commotion and then screams. I knew they were his screams. I felt my heart beat nearly out of my chest, my hands began to shake, and I told the kids to get dressed with shoes NOW. I listened for 8 minutes to the other customers yell out his injuries. I heard him yell to get the car off him. I was panicked. I had Cyr call Rosa and I answered the other line that kept ringing once I heard the EMTs were helping him. They had been eating in the restaurant.

He was taken to the hospital and treated for a crushing injury on his left leg. He may require surgery to relieve the massive swelling. He has chunks of skin missing all over. They had to scrape and scrub pavement and rubber out of his skin before the cast it. Both legs hurt and are injured but the left is by far the worst. He will live to torture me, as only he can do. I can't believe he survived this, too.

11 comments:

Andy said...

Oh Tudu! I hope he's okay and recovers quickly.

Ashley said...

Oh Tudu, I'm so sorry! Thinking of you and your family

Marthavmuffin said...

Omigoodness girl! Are you ever given enough 'Stuff'!! I pray he will recover without a hitch.

Abby said...

I didn't realize you were on the phone with him at the time too; how scary!!

I'm so glad to hear he's going to be okay (eventually) and that he had EMTs there to immediately start helping him. He certainly had angels watching over him today.

Kerry said...

Sorry about cursing on your blog, but you can't make this shit up! Oh My Gosh!

I was on the phone during my husband's life changing injury. Good times, that.

Is there anything that those of us in the internets can do?

Angela :-) said...

I thought it was your son when I read the title. Glad it wasn't, while still feeling bad for your dh.

Angela :-)

Kelly said...

Oh my. How horrifying!!! Hope he heals quickly. Bless his heart.

Kate said...

Like Innocent Observer said, is there anything that any of us on the internet can do????? I can't believe this happened

Mommabear said...

Praying for a full and quick recovery.

momma-o-minnie said...

I'm sorry about your husband. I hope he gets better soon.

I watched the link from your blog and noted something... there is a number of people driving through windows around where you live.
Perhaps the area where you live is a little dangerous.

Tudu said...

LOL I'll keep that in mind.