Saturday, July 03, 2010

I Realy Wish....

Cyr put hairbows in both their hair. He loved it!
Someone could make the 2 yr olds stop screaming! I can deal with 20 kids playing, heck even playing really loud. I am about lose my mind with all the toddler screams. I swear, one of them screams every 3 minutes. It isn't a joyful scream. It isn't even a scream they are in pain, most of the time. It is a blood curdling scream that they are about to die! It is always over nothing. One has a toy so the other wants it. One is too close to the other. One wants something to eat so the other joins in screaming. Time outs are worse because they scream louder in them. We are forced to place them on the porch and watch them through the glass door. It is the only thing that calms them down quickly. I can't wait for them to outgrow this stage!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oh yea. i remember.

Treasured Grace said...

I don't comment often but love reading your blog. OMG I seriously just laughed out loud! We have a 3yo foster daughter who screams exactly like you described. I have resorted to exactly the same technique to get her to stop! Too hilarious.

Diana said...

Those screams are the WORST!!! They are exponentially worse with traumatized kids. Be warned, however, that my dear neighbors recently reported me to the police for doing the exact same thing - putting my kid out on the front porch and sitting right there on the other side watching him as he calmed down. Praying your neighbors are nicer and more understanding than mine...or better yet, that you don't have any!!!

Integrity Singer said...

not envying you! every time I get baby fever, i remember infants, bottles, diapers, middle of the night nonsense, toddler, nap schedules ... it cures it quickly! lol

Tenntrace said...

GAK! The toddler scream! DH and I were in a restaurant the other week when a toddler let go with one of those. We looked at each other and said - "no toddlers at our house either". We had forgotten that particular stage of toddlerhood.