Monday, August 06, 2007

A Great Day

We had a great day at the YMCA pool. The kids were well behaved and even played with other children appropriately. This is a real struggle for them, they do not know how to initiate play with others. I even met someone to talk to, not difficult b/c I always talk to strangers in public places. The only thing that happened wrong all day is I forgot to reapply the sunscreen 15 times and fried a few of the kids just under their eyes.

Almost all of the kids' teachers called and left messages about Orientation Thursday. I wish I had a moment to talk to them privately but it will have to wait. B is upset that she has a male teacher. I don't know how I feel about it, yet. On one hand, not another female that she can love more than me. On the other, she does not act appropriately all the time with males. This should play itself out pretty quickly and hopefully she will be able to learn that most males are not always out to get you.

No comments: