Friday, August 07, 2009

I went to the school today to sign the amended IEP only to find out that they hadn't finished it yet. I made sure to talk to everyone that would listen about what the boys said to Patches. It was bullying without a doubt. I insisted they receive a consequence. The Lead teacher agreed. She was very kind and promised to get the right person involved.

On a completely unrelated topic. I want to talk about Facebook. I am not one that maintained my childhood friendships for several reasons. I partied way too hard and was not very nice to most people. I didn't respect their feelings and even made fun of some. I am always afraid they will only have hateful memories of me. I had a big mouth (still do but I use my powers for good instead of evil). I am having a ball reading about all the people I cared about as adults now. You can still see the child they once were but in an old person's face. It is so strange. Seeing them reminds me of the connections I once had with them. I realize they were so important to me once, I can't for the life of me remember how the friendships ended.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Facebook is an amazing thing. I've re-established some connections with some old friends (that ended badly), but things are still somewhat awkward between us anyway. I guess I need more space from the fights before things can be "okay." I also have a few ex-friends who I still can't even comprehend going so far as to initiate any type of communications.

So yeah, I understand. =)