Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Yesterday was my oldest's 11th birthday. My sisters, their kids, and both my mother and my husband's mother went to dinner with us and had a very nice evening. We gave her cash and helped her open her first savings account. She is so excited to have a head start on her first car. LOL

In the middle of that my husband announced we are moving in the new house a month before I had planned. JUNE. Only six weeks from now. I am freaking out a bit because I have not packed a thing, he has not gotten even remotely close to preparing the house for the move, either house really, and I will have to drive B back and forth for summer school for six weeks. I think she goes from 8:30 to 2:30 and it is a 20-30 minute drive each way. I am not happy.

We have a trip to Arkansas planned the weekend of the 4th in July to introduce the kids to his side of the family. I hope something forces us to cancel that trip to hell. My MIL is reminding me about it every week, I am avoiding the calls at this point. His aunt made several nasty comments to us about adoption before we got the kids. Things like, "don't bring those kids to my house" and "I bet they are going to be brats".

6 comments:

Fostermama said...

Ooohhh, I dread packing up another house.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Tudu, why is this his decision alone? If neither house is ready ... wouldn't it make more sense to stay put?

Hmmm, sounds like a husband campaign might be in order! :)

Jensboys

Mongoose said...

I'd come help you pack, but I can't cross the border with my current travel documents. :(

I dislike the aunt already... Some people need to learn a little compassion.

Tudu said...

Thanks Mongoose.

Jen, he is the one that has been in charge of remodeling the kitchen and basement at the new house. I just thought that we would be moving around July, he is getting it done much faster than we both anticipated. My responsibility is the house we are in, I have done nothing. I relly need to get a move on it.

"Ada" said...

I'm feeling for you right now, packing, moving, and unpacking is the pits! It's cute about your 11 yr old already thinking about her first car... I remember one time in middle school counting the days until I turned 16 and would be able to drive! The aunt... Uck. Is it possible just to avoid any interactions with her?

Anonymous said...

This aunt does sound nasty! I think I would tell her that my kids are too good for her....
Michelle