Monday, April 02, 2007

The Cake

I was informed that B does not like frosting. Ok. She hinted around for weeks that w/o the right frosting, cake was just gross. I had no idea what kind of frosting we were talking about or how to figure this our b/c she was not going to assist. She would rather me fail and suffer than have me succeed and make her happy.

I called her last foster mom and asked her. She was clueless. He was able to tell me she saw B eating her daughter's cake a few months ago and even licking the frosting off her fingers. Ah ha! It was not butter cream frosting, I needed to find whipped cream frosting. Got it! She was so happy to take a bite and she squealed, "How did you know?" I told her I was her Mom and I can do almost anything, we moms have special powers!

I was most surprised that kids were jut dropped off at the party w/o even knowing me or RSVPing. I found that rude and disrespectful to say the least. I had to have one kid call his mother 30 minutes after the party ended. Hello, come get you kid, please.

No comments: