Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Ultrasound

It's a BOY! I am so glad that we may possibly be adding another boy to the mix. My son and husband were very happy when they heard and Emma was hoping for another girl so she can pick out more pink stuff. The rest just wanted to know what it was.

While we were waiting at the doctor's office A was with E and I and she made a weird comment. It took me a minute to understand, partly b/c she has such a severe speech issue and partly b/c it just did not make sense. She repeated it after E went in the back to have her blood drawn and I caught it. She said, "We have to hide the baby." After a few questions I figured out she thought E was having the baby right then and she wanted to hide the baby from the other kids when we got home to surprise them. Several of my kids say random things and I have to guess what the heck they are talking about. It is very strange and can be pretty difficult to figure out what is going on in their little minds. She was a bit disappointed to hear it will be months before the baby comes home. As a matter of fact, the due date was moved to October 5. It does not change the situation or the paternity, just a longer wait for all of us.

4 comments:

skirbo said...

Oh congratulations! I'm really hoping this situation works out for you and that everybody comes out of it healthy and happy.

Also glad (and jealous) that you had a great time at Mikestock, but a Hotlanta fall trip would be much easier for me, so plan away!

Sarah

Fostermama said...

No more hair worries for you then! I can't wait to hear more about this new little boy.

Mongoose said...

Hahaha! Oh, his wife is gonna half her work cut out for her, marrying the baby of a family with six sisters! Buwaaaaaaahahahaha! He's gonna be SO spoiled!

I have complete faith in your parenting, of course. It's the sisters are gonna baby him to death! LOL

Tudu said...

The great thing is that years later, I have a baby born on this exact due date. It was meant to be just the wrong baby.