Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Night Out

Emma went to spend the night with her 3 sisters (not the ones that live here, her natural ones), Nana, and her Mother. She was so excited to go and I was thrilled for her. She barely knows her sister Kendalyn and really needs to get to know her. I am sure she will be filthy and in need of a healthy meal after running around outside and eating tons of junk food over there. (I am sure she would have been fed good food but she insisted she needed to bring snacks for them) She only called 2 times this visit. I am waiting now for another call when she wakes up.


We took the other kids out to a dollar movie and saw Surf's Up. Does it matter that the grown ups liked it more than the kids? It was very funny but several of my kids fell asleep. They filled up on popcorn and passed out.

The puppy is ruining my life. OK, maybe that was a bit dramatic, he is just ruining my new carpet. I must admit in here but never to my DH, he is a cutie. He has been sleeping on my DH's side of the bed and last night he kicked him repeatedly and barked in his sleep. I can't wait until he grows too big to sleep there. Our last Dogo used to squeeze between us until he could reach his head up to my pillow. He would do this very slowly until he was comfy and I would wake up with his dog breath in my face. Have I mentioned I am not a dog lover? DH is exhausted and complaining about getting up in the middle of the night to let him out. Boo Hoo, Buddy Boy. I have gotten up every night for the last year with our new kids and he sleeps right through it. I really have no sympathy for him.

Kids are really enjoying their new playroom. Every minute they are awake they are down there. I am only regretting that it took so long to finish it. I am trying to get some pictures to post, please be patient.

1 comment:

skirbo said...

Two words about housebreaking... CRATE TRAINING. It's a much easier and more effective method than anything else. Plus, you can get the dog used to spending much of the daytime that you are alone in the crate if you don't want to have to deal with him.

Sarah