Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I am alive, barely.

I have been gone a few days and will probably need a few more to get my wits about me. I went to bed Saturday night feeling kinda bad and have not been able to sit up for more than a few minutes since. I have managed to catch the flu and it had to happen on a weekend I had all my nieces here. I have never been so sick and due to my wonderful children freaking out b/c I am down, I have been unable to properly care for myself and managed to become dehydrated twice to the point my DH gave me an hour or he was calling an ambulance. That was just what my kids needed, another ambulance to get Mom. I just was unable to keep medicine or liquid down and got to the point I worried I couldn't keep trying. Pretzels did the trick and I was able to hold down a nibble here and there and eventually liquid. I really should have gone to the hospital but with all the kids the only way to get there was an ambulance or have them all in the waiting room tearing it apart.

This is the first time my fever has dropped below 100 and since it is the middle of the night and quiet, I thought I would update you guys. I can tell a few more of my kids are falling prey to my nightmare and I am so weak I had to sit down half way up the stairs so I anticipate I will need a bit longer to gather myself.

I was alone with the kids all day Monday since they were out of school. It went well until the afternoon, the sicker I got the worse they got. Today D and A were not much better. The tantrums and trashing things is almost too much and I considered respite until I am better. If I do not continue to get better, it will be my only option b/c I can't protect them or the others in this shape. They have trashed my house beyond recognition. I got up a little while ago and looked around for the first time in days, not good. I have traveled from my bed to the couch and that's it for days. I was oblivious to my surroundings until now. They are going to hear about it as soon as I can holler.

C ran around upstairs and pulled her panties down for D and A when they were supposed to be cleaning up their rooms. She is becoming a pill, her tantrums have increased lately to almost daily and she kicks her braces against the floor for the most annoying sound ever.

B has been a real help and I will be doing something nice for her soon. She is used to being in the mother role and happily picked it back up these last few days. She is really upset about possible respite for the kids but she would also be glad for the peace and quiet for a few days. She claims the real torture for them would be the return when I am better. LOL

No comments: