Friday, December 02, 2011

And Then There Were 8....

Today Michael is discharged. He will be returning home after 15 months of living in a residential treatment center. He has made progress in the last 2 months. He will need a huge support group in order to succeed. Our main goals for him are to be safe and nonviolent towards me. We are as ready as we can be. He desperately wants to be successful. With the addition of an upgraded video monitoring system and door alarms, a huge team of professionals/therapists, tolerant siblings, and motivated parents, I think we can do this. I'm sure he will have setbacks. I'm sure we will all be angry, at some point. I know we love him and want him home. What more could we ask for?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, 15 months. I didn't realize it had been that long. Huge day for your family. Hope things go well. I admire your willingness to do whatever it takes to help your children. Prayers for your whole family.

GB's Mom said...

A long time coming. I am so happy for you. {{{Hugs}}}

Lindsay said...

Such a long time. Hoping for your family.