Monday, October 11, 2010

My Little Singer

It looks as if Ruthie will be leaving the RTC in 3 weeks unless she shows them some of her behaviors. They can't continue to get funding for a child that acts like an angel while in there. I'm not sure what we will do, at this point. Thinking about it makes me nervous. No word on Michael or Patches.

My MIL came up and spent the night. She did laundry, cleaned, made the kids clean their rooms, made breakfast, and made homemade fried apple pies. We didn't want her to leave, ever.

Anna is quickly taking on some of my quirks. She now makes up stupid songs and sings them to her siblings. As I'm typing she is singing, "I'm gonna fart...on Ava's face...she's gonna cry...no wonder why". LOL Mine aren't about tooting but other things. One goes like this "I'm a nasty girl and Mom don't care. I brush my teeth but won't brush my hair. I'm a nasty girl and Mom don't care. She's got a big butt that's shaped like a pear. I'm a nasty girl and Mom don't care. I smell like poop and she swears I'm a mare." You get it. I go on and on and on. I have morning songs and bedtime songs and just getting on my nerve songs. It helps lighten the mood when I start to get annoyed.

Speaking of annoyed. My husband is extremely annoyed by Sawyer. He gets in your face and won't back off. He runs circles around you. He chatters constantly about things that make no sense. He works very hard at being annoying. With that said, he revealed something to my husband that tore him up. He was devastated. He listened, he hugged, he comforted, and he called me to vent. The uncle was a very busy man. Most of you know what that means. I'll be calling the D.A.'s office to see f they will be adding charges and to see what the next step is.

6 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Still praying.

Integrity Singer said...

and what is the RTC doing to therapeutically address the abuse she did to her siblings? This is just one more thing to prove that I absolutely, positively will NOT send Sissy back to that RTC. What a travesty!

Kate said...

That uncle deserves unspeakable things. I hope they lock him away forever. You and Anna's songs are hilarious.

Tudu said...

Jennie, she is in a special group for predators. All the therapists are hoping a day pass will trigger some behaviors when they return that night on the unit. They are all kinda stumped. They are well mannered and well behaved. They seem to have some attachment to our family and understand what behaviors they have that are causing the issues. In other words, they say all the right things.

Fighting for my Children said...

Isn't that weird when we have to wish they would misbehave so professionals would see?

beemommy said...

I'm wondering if they can do something at RTC to provoke a response rather than waiting for a visit home? Maybe with your input (which I'm sure they have volumes on but hey, those details are filed and well...filed).